Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Converting A7 to A5

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member A7fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2006
    Location
    Pacifc Northwest
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ngccglp:
    Update:

    I managed to get hold of the Altec N500F, all my problems are solved. I'm using the N501 for the 416 and N500F for the 288.

    Tried making my own crossover, the sound is just not right. The moment I put in the N500, WOW!! the highs are back. Feel no need for additional tweeter now.

    Thanks again.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member A7fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2006
    Location
    Pacifc Northwest
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, what a great site, I could spend hours here. What I am reserching is info on the ideal enclosure to build for this eqipment. 288c driver 24 ohm with 311-90 horn, 515b 16 ohm Lf speaker, and a N-500C dividing network. Your input would be appreciated

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member ngccglp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2005
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the 829 cabs is a good choice. I've heard baffle mounted Altecs drivers systems, I find it lacks the mid bass punch of the horn loaded cabs.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member ngccglp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2005
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oops, I meant 828

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    Ideal? That would be a ~16ft long straight horn made from reinforced concrete terminating into a ~11 ft square mouth with the digitally delayed 311-90 mounted just inside it. Since I doubt this is a viable option, you'll have to tell us what the various performance trade-offs you find acceptable to fit your room/budget.

    If you just look at T/S specs, then we need to know either the amp's output impedance (not tap rating) or DF @ tap rating to calc a vented or sealed cab if other than SS driven.

    GM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.